Monday, May 13, 2013

I’m the Mom who wanted the Vacuum Cleaner for Mother’s Day…

I’ve always been a bit of a clean freak. I remember growing up my mom would blare the music (98.7 K-LUV – oh I can hear it now!) and clean the house from top to bottom. Laundry going, windows open and the smell of Pine Sol would fill the house as I played teacher or daycare with my 17 baby dolls. I’ve found myself doing that same thing since becoming an “adult”.  I love a good cleaning day and the more I get done the better I sleep that night. When Bret and I got married, unknowingly, I amused everyone who looked over our gift registry. I thought it was normal to register for multiple mega-packs of Lysol wipes, huge jugs of Windex & Bleach out the wazoo! Lucky for me, people gave just what I asked for and we were set on cleaning supplies for quite a while.

Now that I’m a mom (and one of preemies, at that) the need to clean is even greater, almost obsessive at times, I’ll admit. While most husbands would get scolded for buying cleaning items or any such thing for a birthday or holiday, I ask for it. Diamonds are nice, but let’s be real folks, I’d get way more use out of a nice leaf blower, the latest Swiffer product or sweet vacuum cleaner.

I love our new house and the space it offers more than anyone could know but the extra space also means extra floors. Dark colored, hardwood floors that require sweeping a good 3 times a day with 5 kids. Apparently my complaining of backaches paid off and for Mother’s Day I received this bad boy to help me out…

Vacuum1

A BAGLESS, CORDLESS Hoover and boy do I love it! Next to being cordless my favorite thing about it is that little people can use it too Smile

Vacuum2

Hope all you Mama’s had a great Mother’s Day as well!

**Update**It’s December and I have LOST COUNT of how many moms have reached out to me asking “what that vacuum was that I blogged about a while back” since this post. So here it is for future reference. It's the Hoover LiNX Cordless Stick Vacuum. Here is a direct link.

You’re welcome, Hoover, feel free to send me a referrals check at your convenience ;)

10 comments:

  1. That looks like a sweet machine!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm amazed that you didn't already tell me about it! So does it run on batteries?
    I'm happy to hear you have some good memories of my cleaning days!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Just have to tell you I have a cordless rechargable vacuum about like that and I LOVE IT! I show it to anyone who will listen and look, absolutely the best! We have all wood (looks a lot like yours) or tile floors and just a few area rugs, just cant beat it. I just pull it out of my closet where it stays charging all the time and go to vacuuming! Only thing is my mom was listening to albums of Johnny Cash, Charlie Pride and Mel Tillis!

    ReplyDelete
  4. It's great that you got a new house and can clean it easily now! You should do a house tour as a post! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. When I had my firstborn, keeping the house clean and shiny was of utmost importance for me and my partner as we wanted the healthiest possible environment for our young son. This made us go through a great number of different cleaning devices and methods, looking for the best vacuum cleaner that we could get our hands on. And we did indeed, end up getting a Hoover model as well. We still have it and it's already been five years now!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Pretty good post. I just stumbled upon your blog and wanted to say that I have really enjoyed reading your blog posts. Any way I’ll be subscribing to your feed and I hope you post again soon. Thanks

    ReplyDelete
  7. Yep, it sure looks like the switch is mighty burnt. You brave woman, you!hardwoodfloorvacuumpro.com

    Good luck with the replacement. I'm confident you'll get r done.
    BA SP

    ReplyDelete
  8. Absolutely good vacuum to own. I want to get one like this

    ReplyDelete
  9. I loved the Linx for 4 months.It was sweet.At that point,all of a sudden,the roller quit working.I've treated this machine tenderly.It was utilized for ten minutes a day,with a roller brush,on two 5' X 8' rugs and two ottomans where cats like to sleep.I purged it daily and cleaned the foam filter once every week with compressed air.
    @Sylvia Powell.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...