Saturday, January 31, 2009

Another Day Another Blessing!

I finally got a laptop here at the hospital (thank you Dee!) it's nice to have a little connection to the outside world. Things are looking pretty good, baby-wise at least. Our main concern right now is my iron level, my body is having a hard time producing enough for all of the babies and me. Yesterday morning my iron level was at a 7.1, the doctors were very very concerned and immediately increased my iron supplements and put me on an IV. Although I felt fine, they explained how big of a deal it was and that it needed to go up asap or we would have to look at blood transfusions. This morning they took my blood again and it came back at 7.4! Seems like so little of a difference, but the doctors were pleased. I had another round of iv's today and they will check it again tomorrow.

My stay has been good so far, the nurses are wonderful and soo attentive and I get to see my doctor everyday. It's a little hard to sleep at night due to being in a different environment and constantly having to get up to take more meds, but it's getting better each night. The hardest part BY FAR... not seeing my dogs. I have their pictures hanging here in my room, but it's not the same as being with them everyday. Call me a pathetic nerd if you must, but they are a huge part of my world and it brings me to tears to think about them and not knowing when I'll get to see them again. I love you Rocky and Coco! One of the easiest parts of my "new home" the FOOD! OMG, yum! Seriously, I'm not joking. I think I have made every visitor check out the menu at this place... it's crazy! You always hear the dreaded phrase "hospital food", but I couldn't cook this well at home even if I wanted too! I haven't gained too much weight during my pregnancy, but am thinking I have already gained 32lbs since Tuesday... I'll get weighed in a few days, we will see!

Before I go, I must take a chance to brag on my wonderful husband. Most of you know Bret's crazy schedule and his endless responsibilities including school, work, our store, me... the list goes on. He is a real trooper and a blessing to me from God. Thank you "Beaude" for everything, i love you love you love you love you love you : )

There's much more I could write about, but it's about time for the nurses to come play "find the babies" on the fetal monitoring machine thingy. Nothing like hearing kicks, heartbeats, and hiccups all at the same time! I cannot say enough thank you for your prayers, we will keep you updated!

Heather

3 comments:

  1. Hey Heather...glad everything is going good. I'm going to try to come by and visit tomorrow. Hang in there and pretty soon, we'll have new babies at church.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Heather,
    I'm so happy to hear that things overal are going great! Having a laptop to connect to the outside world is a great thing! If you are up for visitors, I would love to come visit.
    Take care & you are doing so awesome!
    Misty
    MOM to gggg quads

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm very amazed at how much strength you have through all of this! No matter how many times I call crying just thinking about you and the babies, you always have a smile on your face and are always SO Positive! I'm so Happy for you and Bret you can't even imagine. This couldn't have happened to better people! Your in my mind and prayers everyday and cannot wait to meet your bundles of joy.

    With All Our Love,
    Tisha, Jamie and Hayden

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...